After practicing with Robert Garcia, Joshua will resemble a whole different fighter

 




Anthony Joshua needs to make some significant changes if he wants to defeat Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch, and Robert Garcia, his new trainer, might be the best person to assist him.


Usyk skillfully outboxed Joshua throughout the course of twelve rounds in the first battle, taking home the WBA, WBO, and IBF heavyweight championships.


Following the fight, Joshua received harsh criticism for his strategy of trying to outbox Usyk, one of the world's most technically proficient fighters.


Prior to the rematch on August 20, Joshua has made significant adjustments in an effort to reverse this setback, moving his camp to Loughborough.


He fired Rob McCracken, his longtime trainer, and replaced him with Angel Fernandez and, most importantly, Robert Garcia.


Garcia has extensive expertise; he was named "Trainer of the Year" by The Ring Magazine in 2011 and has helped 14 fighters win world championships, however none of them were heavyweights.


Jesse Rodriguez Franco, the youngest active world champion at 22 years old and one of those title holders, has been working with Garcia since he was 15 years old.


Garcia's one and only demand during talks to join Joshua's team was that he be present for Rodriguez's upcoming bout, which will take place against Srisaket Sor Rungvisai on Saturday night.


Rodriguez believes that Joshua's choice to work with Garcia as his new trainer was the best one he could have made, and he anticipates seeing a different Joshua in the rematch with Usyk.


Anthony Joshua will appear to be an entirely different boxer. spoke to talkSPORT, Rodriguez.


"Robert Garcia will be able to identify his weaknesses and fill them, making Joshua appear to be a more complete fighter in the rematch.


It is good to have Robert Garcia on your side because he was a sporting champion. He therefore understands just what to say to his fighters when they are experiencing it.


He always has the best game plans, but you already have one that is ideal, so you enter the match with the upper hand.


Joshua appears assured that he has learned from his errors and is prepared to make up for the faults made in the first match.


At the press conference on Tuesday, Joshua stated of the bout with Usyk, "He busted my a*** for certain rounds. "I have to accept that loss like a man, but I hold myself accountable, and I'm someone who can own up to my mistakes and stand tall in my convictions.


"I have a second opportunity, which is wonderful. When I was younger, I occasionally got into problems and was given a second chance, which is how I first became interested in boxing. I seized the opportunity with both hands.


You can knock me down, but it's hard to keep me down if you know my history and my comeback record.

Comments