Rousey reveals she would end her retirement to fight MMA pioneer

 


Ronda Rousey, the former UFC and Strikeforce bantamweight champion, has stated that she is open to returning to the sport - but only for one fight.

During her professional MMA career, Rousey broke down barriers and established a 12-2 record before retiring in 2016 at the age of 31 after losing to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207.

'Rowdy' has since gone on to have a very successful professional wrestling career with the WWE, and a return to MMA appears to be the furthest thing from his mind.

The American is uninterested in avenging her losses to Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes, but claims she would gladly return to the Octagon for a rematch with WMMA legend Gina Carano.

"There's just one person for whom I'd return." I've said it a million times; it's not like I'm saying it for the first time. On The Kurt Angle Show, Rousey said, "Gina Carano is the reason I got into fighting, she's the reason I knew it was a possible."

"I'll be eternally thankful, and if she ever says, 'Ronda, I want to fight you tomorrow at 205 pounds,' I'll give her everything she wants. I'm not claiming she's 205 pounds, but she's certainly trim.

"I don't mind if she wants to come into my backyard and do the Rocky thing with me if we just do it in the backyard." I'll fight Gina wherever she wants, and I'll leave that offer in place even if she doesn't want to fight forever."

Carano only fought eight times in MMA but had a big effect before retiring with a 7-1 record after losing the Strikeforce bantamweight belt to Cris Cyborg in 2009.

The 40-year-old chose acting as a career and has acted in films such as Haywire, Fast & Furious 6, and Deadpool.

Following her 'abhorrent and disgusting' social media statements, she was sacked from her role as bounty hunter Cara Dune in the smash Disney+ series The Mandalorian in 2021.


Although a bout versus Rousey may be too great to pass up, Carano appears unlikely to give up her life on the silver screen to end her 13-year retirement from the sport.

Comments