(VIDEO) At UFC Austin, Daniel Cormier and Phil Hawes engage into a furious verbal spat

 


Phil Hawes scooped himself another bout with UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier only seconds after finishing Deron Winn with blows at UFC Austin.

On Saturday, Cormier, Winn's longtime colleague and mentor, was also in charge of the action and barely made it into the ring before Hawes began yelling at him.

"You chose the incorrect pony!" exclaims the narrator. Cormier was yelled at by Hawes. "You're right, you hound. I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about. I'll cool off, and then you may fight me next week."

Cormier retaliated verbally to Hawes, and referee Herb Dean eventually intervened to save the fight from becoming physical.

Cormier responded, "I don't pick fights." "Be courteous. You didn't succeed in defeating me. I'm not one for picking fights.

"Take a look at what occurred. Why would I want to get into a battle like this? Don't do that; you're capable of doing it better."

Hawes returned to Cormier to shake his hand and say "I apologize" to the former two-division UFC champion.

Without incident, he collected himself and interviewed Hawes after his victory.




Comments