Julius Francis revealed what happened after the knockout outside BOXPARK

 


Despite being fired from his security position, Julius Francis could be able to revive his boxing career with a rematch against Mike Tyson.

Video of Francis, a former British and Commonwealth champion, knocking out a spectator while working security at BOXPARK Wembley surfaced earlier this month.

I saw the knockout, excellent right hand by the way," Tyson Fury responded after the video went viral and became the current WBC heavyweight champion of the world.

But Francis himself, who we haven't heard from since the event, has now spoken to TMZ Sports.

He claimed that he exercised his right to self-defense. When he approached me and raised his hands, it appeared as though he was going to strike me, so I defended myself.

Francis continued by saying that he had been temporarily detained by the police after the event, but they had opted against taking any further action.

Francis is presently suspended from working security, and it was also revealed during the interview that he is striving to find a solution.

"What has actually happened is that the SIA (Security Industry Authority) has halted my work authorization, so I am currently unable to find employment.

"So I'm just trying to figure it out, and hopefully [I'll be] back on the doors as soon as possible, you know, get back to work," the speaker said.

The topic swiftly changed from Francis' previous incident to a possible comeback to the ring and the opportunity to maybe face Mike Tyson again.

It was Tyson's first fight in the UK when they first met in 2000 at the M.E.N Arena in Manchester.

He had recently suffered two losses to Evander Holyfield, thus he was past his prime at the time, but he was still a deadly opponent.

Francis had a respectable 21-7 record and competed at the British level, but he had previously failed to win the European title and his sole encounter with a world-class boxer, Vitali Klitschko, had similarly ended in defeat.

Although Francis thought he could pull off an upset that night, he sold The Mirror sponsorship on the bottom of his shoes, and the newspaper got their money's value as Tyson stopped the fight after knocking the Brit down five times in two rounds.

Francis declared that he will take on Tyson once more, saying, "I'm going to throw it out there." "I will reply, "Yes. Yes, a rematch is possible. I'm going to say yes even though I'm not sure if anyone will watch it.




Comments